It goes without question that Lake Como is a fabulous destination. All you have to do is look at the pictures! Here are a couple of really good reasons to check it out for yourself.
1. Lake Como is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful lakes in Italy. There, we said it. It's beautiful!
2. Celebrity spotting - throughout time Lake Como has been a popular destination for celebrities. Here are just a few celebrities that have been known to bask the shoes of Lake Como: Madonna, George Clooney, Gianno Versace, Sylvester Stallone, Richard Branson - just to name a few.
3. Rubbin' elbows with the wealthy - Lake Como is a popular retreat for aristocrats and wealthy people.
4. Beautiful Villas and Fabulous Gardens - Lake Como is well-known for attractive villas that have been built there since Roman times. Many villas on the lake shores have admirable gardens that benefit from the mild climate.
5. History - Lake Como dates back to Roman times when Pliny the Younger built the Comedia and the Tragedia resorts.
6. Culture - Lake Como has been described in a plethora of literature from Mark Twain to Dostoevsky. You will also find Lake Como in popular culture from Star Wars to Ocean's Twelve.
7. Fabulous and Relaxing Spas - Lake Como is known for its beautiful, luxurious and fabulous spas.
8. Watersports - Lake Como is a fine venue for watersports such as sailing, windsurfing and kitesurfing.
9. Ferries - The Lake Como ferry service is a highly developed public
transport system linking the dozens of small towns and villages dotted
around the perimeter of the Lake.
10. Beautiful Landscapes - did we say this one already? Lake Como is
beautiful. Shaped like a 'Y', stretching its arms into the mountainous
pre-alpine territory between Como, Bellagio and Lecco. In 1818 Percy
Bysshe Shelley wrote to Thomas Love Peacock: "This lake exceeds anything
I ever beheld in beauty, with the exception of the arbutus islands of
Killarney. It is long and narrow, and has the appearance of a mighty
river winding among the mountains and the forests"
Lake Como is a fabulous destination! Travel to Italy with Celtic Tours World Vacations.